Thứ Tư, 18 tháng 5, 2011

Where can I get a cheap cell phone?

Where can I get a cheap cell phone?

My cell phone was stolen, and I still have a week left of my contract but don’t with to stay with my phone company. My account is suspended which earnings my contract extends for that length of time, so I’m stuck. I need to get a cheap new phone tomorrow morning and reactivate it for the length of my contract to avoid the early termination fee. My question is, where can I get a REALLY cheap cell phone quickly at a real store (not ebay)? Do fixed supplies cell cell phones that can be activated with existing accounts? Thanks!
Once again, I need the phone TOMORROW, so ebay is not an option.

I am plotting on going with another company, but I can’t port my number or cancel my service for my current plot without life in breech of my contract. It has to be ACTIVE for another week, hence me needing to buy a phone. Does any person know where I can buy a cheap phone (IN PERSON) that I can activate with my current plot?
I live in Minnaepolis.

Ebay is still not an option as I need it tomorrow. I don’t have a landline or a roommate or any access to a phone right now.
My current plot is Verizon. I want to switch to T-mobile.

Answer by Sir Smoke-a-lot
ebay

Answer by SnowXNinja
I suggest borrowing an ancient phone from a freind, since you have only a week left.

Additional options include renewing your contract in exchange for a new phone, or signing with a different carrier immediatly (a week isnt a huge loss…), the new carrier will give you a new phone. You can keep the number.

Answer by Handyman
You have not mentioned the country, or locality, in which you are located – so, how can anyone direct you to a ‘real store’ ?!
Under the circumstances, your best resort is to try at http://www.eBay.com.
Now, any and every cellphone [mobile] gets activated only when a Sim card is inserted into it.
As your ancient Sim card, which would still be inside the mobile that was stolen from you, has been ‘suspended’ [neutralised], you may maybe question your mobile service provider to give you another Sim card encoded with the balance amount that is still due to you.
Depending on their contract’s terms and situation, they may oblige you.
Best of Luck.

Answer by hilarygorillary
What plot are you on? Sprint, verizon, cingular, alltel?

Answer by Andrew
if you have cingular or tmobile just buy a cheap prepay for like $ 30 and place in your sim card and you have a working phone with no contract renewal. you can get them at a community walmart for cheap. make sure it’s your company though.

What do you reckon? Answer below!

Charge my phone!
cheap cell phone

Image by Jez Page
The overriding theme of the week?

Sheffield? No.
Training? No.

No, the theme that came to dominate the ENTIRE week was Phil’s despration to find some way of charging his phone (on the cheap) as he had forgotten to bring his charger.

My cell phone is broken and will not hold a charge. I need to buy a new one, but I don’t want to renew my contract with Sprint for 2-years. What’s the best, cheapest way to buy a decent new (or even used) cell phone that’s compatible with Sprint (and will let me transfer all my existing contacts).

Answer by Rachael
1) Question do they have a replacement phone usually around $ 30.
2) Craig’s, Ebay, For Sale Ads.

Add your own answer in the comments!
Cellphone billing victims come forward
Reasonably a few readers responded to last week's column – about the nearly R1 million cellphone bill fraudsters ran up on a stolen SIM in a matter of days – by sharing their own experiences of the horrendous cost of having their cellphones land up in the incorrect hands.
Read more on Pretoria News

Complete record at: fora.tv Ken Banks, founder of Kiwanja.net, discusses the long tail economics of producing cheap mobile devices to advance creature rights. He demonstrates FrontlineSMS, which enables NGOs instantaneous two-way communication on a large extent. —– Recent innovations in science and technology have provided creature rights advocates, journalists, and scientists with new tools to expose war crimes and additional serious violations of creature rights and to disseminate this information in real time throughout the world. The Creature Rights Center at UC Berkeley is pleased to show case these recent developments and push new frontiers of applied research. – UC Berkeley Creature Rights Center Ken Banks, founder of kiwanja.net, devotes himself to the application of mobile technology for positive social and environmental exchange in the developing world, and has spent the last 15 years working on projects in Africa. Recently, his research resulted in the development of FrontlineSMS, a field communication system calculated to empower grassroots non-profit organisations. Banks graduated from Sussex University with honours in Social Anthropology with Development Studies, and was awarded a Reuters Digital Vision Club in 2006, and named a Pop!Tech Social Innovation Fellow in 2008. Banks’s work has been supported by the MacArthur Foundation and Open Society Institute, and he is the current recipient of a grant from the Hewlett Foundation. Further details of Banks’s wider work are


Không có nhận xét nào:

Đăng nhận xét