Thứ Bảy, 28 tháng 5, 2011

If I buy an unlocked cell phone, will it work with my current Cincinnati Bell provider on the same network?

If I buy an unlocked cell phone, will it work with my current Cincinnati Bell provider on the same network?

I was thinking about buying a new phone, but not from my Cincinnati Bell store, which is my provider. Can I buy any unlocked phone and it worked just fine, or would I have to take it to them, and pay for it to be unlocked? I dont know much about the process. Thanks!
Thanks! What is the “GSM850/1900″ and how do I exchange it to Cincinnati Bell?

Answer by musicnmobile
Cincinnati Bell is a GSM provider so as long as you hold an UNLOCKED GSM phone that is at least GSM850/1900, simply pop in your sim card and you are excellent to go for voice and SMS
Remember, if the phone is NOT Cincinnati Bell branded, you will have to exchange the GPRS/WAP settings to the Cincinnati Bell settings if you want to use data
ADDITIONAL
When purchasing an unlocked GSM phone, if the phone is made for sale in North America, all newer GSM phones will be at least GSM850/1900 so no worrys
If you hold a phone made for sale in Europe, you will have to check the specifications of the phone, it will list the GSM bands in the specs

Answer by kitkatherine
GSM850/1900 is the network type – which is GSM and how high it is. Pretty much all new phones have this or better.
The person above me gave you all the right answers. Cincinnati Bell is on the GSM network (as is T-Mobile, AT&T). You just have to insert your sim card and find your network in the settings>

Answer by callumbush
I recommend you visit this website:

http://www.phonedevil.com/shop/simdevil.html

Its a special phone unlocking simcard called SimDevil. It supports over 992 handset models.
Disparate a conventional phone unlock it doesn’t void the warranty, so if you break the phone you can still get it repaired for free.

It is £9.95 (about $ 15)
I use mine with my Nokia N95 and it works fantastic :)

What do you reckon? Answer below!

can i go to att and buy a phone without a contract there and then unlokc it and then use it with cincinnati bell?

Answer by lime_jillybean
I reckon it has to be unlocked to use it with different companies. You should be able to buy unlocked versions on the internet.

Add your own answer in the comments!

Huawei U7519 Tap Black and White Skin Case Cover!!!

  • Comes in first retail packaging
  • Custom Calculated for the Huawei U7519 Tap
  • Two Cases for the price of one
  • One Black and One White Skin
  • Ships for the United States

Retails for over .00

Price: $ 5.99

This is a record tutorial explaining how to install the Froyo ROM for the XT720 that was posted by Dexter on XDA Developers forums. Just an FYI: If you are not comfortable doing this…then DON’T. I am not responsible if you brick your phone or lose any of your data. Please pay attention to the fact that wiping/clearing/resetting data literally earnings that it will ALL BE GONE and not able to be retrieved. Direct link to forum: forum.xda-developers.com
Record Rating: 5 / 5


Không có nhận xét nào:

Đăng nhận xét