Thứ Bảy, 28 tháng 5, 2011

Is there any way I can buy my own cell phone as a minor?

Is there any way I can buy my own cell phone as a minor?

All right, so, I’m 14, and back in late December my Mom and I had an argument. She took my mainframe away, but unfortunately somewhere else at the time – and I left my cell phone on top of the mainframe! She finished up taking it away, and now she gave me her ancient, super crappy one while she uses mine and gloats to me about it every chance she gets.

The business is, this phone was my 13th birthday present. All my additional electronics match the phone, and the phone was a huge chunk of the money I was allowed to spend for my birthday.

She keeps raising the stakes higher and higher. I was supposed to get an 80 in Math, but then she changed it to doing that AND getting at least 85 on all my exams. Then, it had to be over 90 on all my exams, but I couldn’t even do that, and now I still don’t have my cell phone back! She says that I have to get over 85 in every subject for the midterm report cards, but that’s two months away and, knowing her, she’s going to raise it up to 95 or something like that just so that she can laugh at me when I fail that, too, and gloat about how I still don’t have my cell phone back.

I really, really want my LG Rumour back, as I modified the entire phone to fit my needs, and I also use it as an alarm clock.

But, my Mom promised to buy me a new phone in July if I can get the 85s and over. But, like I said above, she’s probably going to throw in some additional impossible business just so that I don’t get to buy the phone. She’s tough, and I’m losing my motivation because no matter what I do, it just ain’t never excellent enough!!! (I don’t even reckon ‘ain’t never’ is grammatically assess. Huh.)

Regardless, is it possible for me to buy me own cell phone? I’m turning 15 in July, and if it’s possible I reckon that I’m going to gather up all the money in my bank account and buy a used LG Rumour from Virgin Mobile. Then, I’ll see about getting a sort of job – I quit my paper route because it was getting too hard to do it in the winter, as I also have another business I have to do that night.

So, can I buy my own cell phone and pay for it for myself? It might not stop her completely from taking it away net time, but it might at least make her stop to reckon and reconsider her choice as, after all, I would have paid for it.

If I can’t, I’m going to see if I can get my Dad and sisters to help me buy her a new phone for her birthday – that’s in late March, and she wants a better one, anyways.

Thanks! :3

Answer by ChrisC
Yeah, if you have $ 400+ for a excellent phone

Answer by Mario
Jesus I must first say you can’t maybe expect ANYONE on here to sit and read that entire essay you just wrote.

Yeah you can buy your own phone, when you have $ 650. You can’t enter a legal contract so you can’t do the whole “upgrade 2 year agreement” business, you need to have the cash in hand in order to hold it.

Answer by Jade
Sure. You can go get a pre-paid phone for like 20 bucks at Walmart. You just have to buy minutes every months.

Answer by Kayla (:
Yeah, you can buy the actual phone, but you wont be able to get a contract or anything with it. But you can certainly buy the actual phone with no conundrum (:

Answer by Brian F
your legally not ancient enough to enter into a contract without parental consent, you can buy a prepaid phone/carrier and go with that virgin mobile, boost mobile, revol all have some really excellent phones on prepaid networks. the phones will be expense if you go that route.

Add your own answer in the comments!

New Bag
cell phone buy back

Image by kate e. did
Ciao, and welcome to the Etsy version of "What’s in My Bag." Please sit back and delight in the tour.

Yay for #71 on Explore!

I currently live in Bolivia, working as a Peace Corps Volunteer. I have a Bolivian “pay as you go” chip phone, and I was wondering if I may maybe just take this phone back to the states, and buy JUST a chip for it to use as a “pay as you go phone” for a month or so. I then plot to sign up for a contract, but since I will be roving around for the first month back in the states I want a cell phone to use straight away. Can I use my existing cell phone or do I need to buy a new “pay as you go phone”? Many of my friends here have brought their phones from the states and just bought chips for them to use. Others have even been able to get their non chip phones switched over to the Bolivian system.
Thanks,

Answer by hockey fan
try 7/11 supplies.

Answer by Taka
They need to take Cricket phone down there. It’s better than pay as you go. All of the freedom of a fixed cell phone, no hassles. No contract, no credit check, long distance is usually outside the state you live in. You have so many long distance minutes per month depending on the plot you choose, and they roll over. You are not charged incoming or outgoing minutes for community calls. Ever. If you can’t afford the phone for a month, no worries. Just go back in the later month before the tenth, prepay for the month and you’re back on. The ‘meter’ doesn’t keep running like a taxi like all the additional phones do if you’re disconnected, coming back on with a monthly contract fee to pay. You just pay for the month or your don’t.

Answer by Dazed and confused
yes probably you can buy a Tmobile sim card to place in your phone if your phone has the same band as USA and if your phone is compatible with Tmobile. If your phone is very common it will work. There are additional phone companies but I forgot which additional ones are pay as you go. With Tmobile you can pay one hundred dollars and the phone stays active for one year

Answer by gotanmp3
If your phone supports the North American GSM bands 850MHz and 1900MHz, and is UNLOCKED, then yes, you can buy a T-Mobile ToGo starter kit (T-Mobile won’t activate a SIM card on prepaid unless you have an initiation code to go with it) or Cingular SIM (all Cingular SIM cards can be activated as a prepaid account without an initiation code). The cheapest source for these is really eBay, judge it or not.

Otherwise, here in the US, the cheapest way to get a prepaid SIM card is to buy it packaged with a phone. A Cingular Motorola C139 is around $ 20 retail, and a T-Mobile Nokia 6030 is about $ 30. There’s also plenty of additional providers of prepaid phones, if you’re sloping to go that route…

Know better? Place your own answer in the comments!
How LinkedIn raised money and endured rejection
LinkedIn went public last week, with investors falling over each additional to buy shares at a market cap that now exceeds $ 9 billion. But it wasn’t always so simple for the social network to raise money.
Read more on CNN Money

The ecoATM is an automated self-serve eCycling kiosk that uses patented machine vision, electronic diagnostics, and artificial intelligence to evaluate and buy-back used electronics directly from consumers for cash or store credit. ecoATM kiosks provide a convenient trade-in solution that electronically and visually inspects any consumer electronic device, pays consumers immediately in cash and/or store credit, and automatically administers trade-in / trade-up promotions for retailers and manufacturers. MARKET OPPORTUNITY According to CEA, the average US household owns 26 electronic devices and spends 00 annually adding to the collection. Mobile phones account for near 150M devices retired annually. Simultaneously, there is a vibrant worldwide secondary market for these devices that ABI Research estimates at over B annually.


Không có nhận xét nào:

Đăng nhận xét