Thứ Tư, 30 tháng 3, 2011

Should I drain the batteries from electronic products when I first buy them?

Should I drain the batteries from electronic products when I first buy them?

Whenever I go to a store to buy an electronic device (e.g. cell phone, Nintendo DS, PSP) the sales people always tell me to make sure to use the device and drain the batteries in anticipation of the device is dead before I recharge them the first time. I am told that this will increase the battery life of the device and make sure that it will take longer for the battery life to degrade. Is there any certainty to this advice and, if so, what is the science behind this?

Answer by DON
Absolutely not.

Completely draining any rechargable battery is one of the worst things you can do to it.

Battery manufacturers recommend that you fully charge the battery before you use it for the first time. You can often find the same suggestion in the manual for the device. In addition, you will get the best service life out of a rechargeable battery if you recharge it anytime you’ve used it for awhile. You do not need to wait for the “low battery” indicator to come on.

Don

Add your own answer in the comments!

My battery life stinks now, they told me over the phone at Dell I have a 9-cell battery, I could have swron I had a 6-cell. But I was looking on eBay and I saw different batteries for sale. How do I know whats compatible with mine?

Thanks!

Answer by mike H
remove the battery and make a note of the serial or tag digit on it, then just make sure the battery you buy has the same

Answer by Ell
try www.batteries.com. That’s a fantastic site for export batteries, I got a generic battery for my panasonic wireless phone for $ 15. The panasonic ones were about $ 50 and didn’t last.

Answer by Da
Since you seem to have some confusion
on the battery type needed for your system
Best thing to do would be
deal with a local Computer business

This would be a lot safer than ordering one from E-bay

Plus if they get you the incorrect battery
they will exchange it for you

Remove the ancient battery
Take it with you to a
Local PC repair shop or
Best Buy or Radio Lean-to type store

Then let the clerk contest up the battery
that you have to what they have
or
They will order one for you

..

Answer by cornmint
Dell inspiron 1501 battery, you just need to get a compatible dell battery, which can fit Dell 1501. I find one at sales-battery.com, the result at the source,you can find the compatible model in the website.

Answer by Loly
You can have 6 cell it is small size. Or 9 Cell which is extended capacity and it will fit without any conundrum and will give more discharching time
try
http://www.softarcade.net/NEW-BATTERY-FOR-DELL-INSPIRON-1501-BATTERY-6400-E1505-Vostro-1000-Latitude-131L-9cell_p_4207.html
it is extended capacity just $ 46

Know better? Leave your own answer in the comments!

Tenergy T-9280 Portable battery Pack (Li-Ion Power Pack) for cell phones, iPods, iPhone, PSP — SALE!

  • Power up and charge digital devices such as mobile phone, iPod, iPhone, Mp3, Mp4, PDA and PSP Portable games devices.
  • USB charging function
  • Small-circuit protection design
  • Over-Charge, over-discharge protection
  • Included 8 detachable DC plug for cell phone, MP3, MP4, PDA, PSP, GPS devices

Features:

* Power up and charge digital devices such as mobile phone, iPod, iPhone, Mp3, Mp4, PDA and PSP Portable games devices.
* USB charging function
* Small-circuit protection design
* Limited output current protection
* Over-Charge, over-discharge protection
* LED indicator for charging status and capacity level

Included 8 detachable DC plug for cell phone, MP3, MP4, PDA, PSP, GPS devices.
Specifications:

* Input: 5VDC 500mA
* Output: 5VDC 800mA Max.
* Push capacity button with

Price: $ 6.99

Modified electronic box setup for sale as described in video. You pay “ALL” extra shipping or customs to everywhere you live. Shipping free within the lower USA. If you are willing to spend 0 or more then bid that offer. This setup opens up a whole new way of thinking and if you want the best for your child in a science honest contest this could be a real winner if he or she can clarify whats going on. I can help with that. Review all my last videos everywhere I have continuosly upgraded the setup to everywhere you see it now. The way its setup in this video its running on 12 volts. In my next video– MODIFIED ELECTRONIC BOX SALE 2 — the setup is running on 1.5 volts and thats everywhere it becomes very fascinating. I noticed a very special quality about this setup. When I connect a cell phone charger that delivers 5 volts output DIRECTLY to the string of 4 lamps nothing lites up. THE MODIFIED ELECTRONIC BOX AND COIL ARE NOT IN THE CIRCUIT. Now if I connect the same cell phone charger to the box/coil then to the four lamps I can get all four lamps to lite up easily!!!!! They have 75 volts crosswise them. And they will stay lit for a small while after power is completely removed. Stripping the math away – there is a unknown power source aiding the cell phone chargers 5 volts to power the lamps. An unknown power but to me it sure looks like that extra power produces overunity????? REMEMBER ALL OF THE ABOVE IS POWERED BY A 1.5 VOLT AA BATTERY INSIDE A CELL PHONE CHARGER!! UPDATE: 17 /12/2010 I


Không có nhận xét nào:

Đăng nhận xét