Thứ Ba, 26 tháng 4, 2011

One question that I've always wanted to propose goes something like this: (If Government really wanted to be?

One question that I've always wanted to propose goes something like this: (If Government really wanted to be?

One question that I’ve always wanted to propose goes something like this:
(If Government really wanted to begin to resolve the financial crisis with America, why not go back to the root of the problem?”)
Seems that much of our problems began when Lyndon B Johnson broke down our Social Security Savings that was intended for “social security” benefits and began distributing millions for the many hand outs that are looming and plaguing our nation. Why have we never touched or questioned those programs and the thousands of new ones that have evolved since that day? Now we’re giving away free cell phones to low income dwellers or anyone who only shows an income worthy of minimal taxes…
I respect your views on matter such as these and would love to hear them.

Answer by smart n sassy
the amount of money our govt wastes each year is more than just a few freebies to poor people and soc sec. Govt waste is in the billions. The numbers are so high most regular people can not even comprehend it.

We give billions to other countries. Then there is the millions of fraud that occurs.

The money to the poor is the smallest and the most noticeable, so everyone picks on that area of spending, when there is so much more that we are not even made aware of.

Answer by Transitional Species IV
You mean sort of like “I’m OK, screw everyone else”?

Answer by Immune to Indoctrination
Actually ‘handouts’ are good for the economy. The vast majority of American wealth is in the hands of a small super rich portion of the population. Super rich people tend to hoard their cash, keeping it out of circulation, and strangling the economy. Take some of that money and give it out to the poor and it will be put straight back into local and national buisness because poor people generally can’t afford to hoard anything to themselves.

We do need the super rich because they can invest in businesses but we also need people to spend their money at these businesses. Redistributing wealth a little to find a better balance would fix our economy. It was one of the basic ideas behind the stimulus package which most economists agree was successful.

Also if you want to cut money from the budget the first place to start is “Defense”. America has troops stationed in 130 different countries and it spends almost as much on defense as every other country in the world combined. Add them all up yourself. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_countries_by_military_expenditures

Answer by *Blessed*
My opinion is this: they DON’T want to resolve the financial crisis in the US, or anywhere else for that matter. This was well-thought-out and planned decades in advance. Their goal is to get us all under a global currency. How best to do that? Crash the currency upon which all financial trade is based. Several countries have already declared bankruptcy. The US’ credit rating has been downgraded to “Risky”. China is no longer lending funds, because they have their own problems to contend with. This was not accidental. This was pre-constructed.

Answer by Elaine
I have nothing against helping the needy,but the programs need to be reworked because now it seems that the people that receive the help are usually the ones who are raised to know how to manipulate the system.You would not believe how many people that I’ve seen sell their food stamps for cash and nobody seems to care.And I have seen one friend go to a food bank to get help for her family and was told that she didn’t qualify because she works basically.If she was willing to quit her job and do nothing they would help her, but if you’re trying to better your life, you’re on your own.May peace be with you.

Know better? Leave your own answer in the comments!

someone asked a question on here about free comps and it triggered a thought I would like to share, particularly since I could be of no help for that question.

There is a program out there for people of limited income (most of us these days) to obtain a free cell phone and free mins each month. Although, it is not available in all areas, this site states if you talk to your local assistance office it could be. It’s called Safelink:

https://www.safelinkwireless.com/EnrollmentPublic/home.aspx

It’s kind of like lifeline for your local telephone service.

Since this needs to be a question so as to not get deleted:

What do you think of this?

Please, those of you who do not agree, be civil.
Hope this was helpful, well, off to my last day of work. Have a good one.

Answer by *Due Aug 7,with a boy!*
I think it’s an awesome idea!

Answer by Amanda H going w/ Best MOM EVER
Only reason I don’t like it is becasue I choose not to have a cell phone becasue I have other things I NEED to spend money on…YET, I make too much money to qualify for the program. If I was in fact eligible for a free cell phone, then I would love the program, I’m sure.

Answer by Voice of reason
I have it, and it is wonderful. You get 2 free hours a month. That is enough minutes to be able to use it for communicating pick up times, etc. with children and to have in case of emergency.
It is not an extra luxury item that I use just to blab on the phone.
It is a necessity that I appreciate.

Answer by Michelle
I think it’s a pretty good idea. I just hope they are taking reasonable steps to keep the program from being abused. … I had a friend who was into collecting old cell phones for battered womens’ shelters. But they could only be used to call emergency numbers.

I forget the name of it, but a few years ago I was on phone related program here in Texas. It was just $ 9 per month for my landline phone. (lowest possible price without the program would have been closer to $ 30)

Voice of Reason – Good to see that they give a reasonable amount of time. 2 hours a month … That would be like 4 minutes a day. Perfect for quick “can you pick me up at ___” type calls.

Answer by Texas Mommy!
I hate to break this to you, but spamming is not really allowed on Y!A.

I’m not trying to be picky on you. I’m just letting you know so you don’t get reported. I would go ahead and delete this before it’s reported.

Furthermore, this is the parenting section. The questions need to be pertained to parenting.

Know better? Leave your own answer in the comments!
Poor households take lead in abandoning landlines
In a financial and technological role reversal, a growing number of Americans are getting rid of their old telephones and using only cell phones, a trend being led not by the high-tech elite but by people in poorer states as a way to save money.
Read more on Highlands Today

Commercial for SafeLink, a product offered by TracFone to provide free cell phones to low-income individuals.


Không có nhận xét nào:

Đăng nhận xét