Thứ Tư, 27 tháng 4, 2011

I am getting pestered daily on my cell phone by calls from a 234 international area code? Are these scams?

I am getting pestered daily on my cell phone by calls from a 234 international area code? Are these scams?

When I answer, no one is there. Number is 13 digits,always starts with 234 803. I did a quick google search and it looks like 234 is a Nigerian international code. What can I do to stop these calls? They are annoying, and are using up minutes!

Answer by dk
I don’t know if it works on international calls, but you should list your number on the Do Not Call List. It will keep you from getting telemarketing calls on your cell phone.

Add your own answer in the comments!

Mom, Ive got a call coming in on the other phone… Who? It’s my girlfriend, that’s who! So I’ll talk to you later, okay?
international calls from cell phone

Image by Ed Yourdon
Note: this photo was published in an undated (Mar 17, 2011) Everyblock NYC zipcodes blog titled "10036."

*********************************************************

As I have noted in several earlier Flickr albums, as long as I continue going to the same NYC dentist, you can count on two or three sets of photos of Bryant Park each year. The reason is simple: my dentist is located in mid-town Manhattan, about a block from the park — and when I’m done, I’m always tempted to walk over and see how the park looks. Consequently, I’ve collected almost a dozen separate sets of Bryant Park photos, which you can see summarized here on Flickr.

At least one or two of those other sets will provide you with the historical details of the park; or you can look it up here on Wikipedia. But this particular visit (and one or two others in this collection) had nothing to do with my dentist: I was on a lunch-break from a weekend class at the International Center of Photography, located about a block away. It was a relatively mild late-winter Saturday, and I was feeling somewhat claustrophobic after spending the entire morning in a small windowless basement-level classroom; so I opted to skip my lunch meal, and just wandered around the park taking pictures.

After surveying the scene, I decided to make at least one circumnavigational loop, to photograph whatever looked interesting. Actually, there wasn’t much alternative: the central lawn had been completely torn up, and roped off to keep people away. I think they’re going to be laying down new sod/grass for the spring season … but in any case, everyone was confined to the chairs and tables around the edge of the park.

Of course, there were lots of people reading books, chatting on their cell phones, and carrying on conversations with one another. But there was there was something else going on, to a far greater extent than I recall ever seeing here in the park before: people sound asleep. A couple of the people looked like homeless vagabonds, but most were well-dressed middle-class people who had simply decided, for whatever reason, to stretch out in a chair or lay their face and upper torso down on a table … and drift off to sleep. So I took a few pictures of the people, as well as a few unusual displays of affection.

All of this was shot with my simple Canon G12 camera, instead of the various large, bulky DSLR cameras that I normally use. The main advantage of the G12 is that it’s small and unobtrusive; and because it has a swivel (or "reticulating") LCD monitor, I can tilt it so that I’m looking down toward my feet while pointing the camera lens at an unsuspecting subject, who might be only a few feet away. Thus, instead of hurriedly firing off three or four shots with my Nikon D700, and hoping that one of them might produce good results, I could take my time with the G12, and get a single well-composed picture. Over the course of two weekends, I ended up taking a little over 250 photos, of which 100 survived the editing process, and will be uploaded here to Flickr over the next several days…

At the end of a one-hour lunchtime each day, I turned off the camera, and headed back up the street to my ICP class. But I’ll be back to see my dentist next month, and I’ll try to stop by the park again, to see what it looks like when spring has returned …

Answer by yash
enter the country code and then dial the number

Know better? Leave your own answer in the comments!
Nine tips for safe and smart summer travel
(ARA) – Even with rising gas prices, the travel industry is gearing up for a big year. After several years of staycations – vacationing at home or close to home – as a result of the slow economy, Americans seem more ready and willing to travel.
Read more on Lexington Clipper-Herald

Using zenring you can make free international calls from mobile. Free international calls from your PC. Social networking with mobile.
Video Rating: 5 / 5


Không có nhận xét nào:

Đăng nhận xét