Thứ Hai, 25 tháng 4, 2011

i am travelling to puebla,mexico 8 months what phone should i use over there? voip?cell phone?

i am travelling to puebla,mexico 8 months what phone should i use over there? voip?cell phone?

Answer by michael g
Your cell phone will ” work ” but only to make local calls. Notice I stated make…….. I found with MINE , I could make calls all over town but could not receive any To make the calls simply dial 01 and the #. Because of International dialing and the phones home is America and a whole bunch of mumbo – jumbo I couldn’t call back to the states on it, nor could anyone call me no matter what prefix’s they used. But you should be able to make local call in Puebla. 011 gets you into the Mexico phone system and you will need to get Puebla’s prefix ( Mexico City is 52, Acapulco is 54 ) before you go – Yahoo answer it possibly . I found daily E- Mails worked fine for me – but that’s me. Internet access is there just look. Need voice communication – Yea, VOIP or calling cards. Hope it helps…..

Answer by xpdc
Possibly you should try out the Cordia VOIP company at https://www.cordiaip.com/default.asp?promocode=AGLEEX182X .

They are running a promotion everywhere u can delight in the first month free. You should enter their promotion code which is AGLEEX182X. If u forgot to enter this code, u will not delight in the first month free.

Cordia VoIP or broadband phone service can help save customers up to 65 percent of their monthly phone bill. In addition, Cordia offers more than 25 international calling plans along with the ability to choose international phone facts from more than 300 cities in more than 40 countries.

* Cordia Ranks 3rd among Top VoIP Providers by Recent Consumer Assessment VoIPReview.org Ranks 163 Providers on User Feedback.

Answer by Chilaguato
It depends…. are you going to use it locally in MX or also to call to the US? If I were you I’d consider export a prepaid cell phone in MX, a Movistar-Telefónica cell phone, since they have rates of local calls of 4o cents USD x 30 minutes, or 1 USDx30 min to call to the US….. the phone is going to cost between 40 and 100 USD and will include some minutes free….

Know better? Leave your own answer in the comments!

Screenshot of Ribbit, Kayak.com, and Mapquest.com mash-up
voip cell phone

Image by Ribbit Voice
Search for hotels and call them directly from the web site by Ribbit and voip. Try it out at www.infoaccelerator.net/hotelsearch/

I got a voice over IP phone a few months ago. … It has had its share of problems, but it is much more affordable than a landline. As one of the features, I have it set up to forwards calls my my cell phone after a certain digit of rings.

So here’s the conundrum part and the weird part:

There is a phone company for right outside my city limits. They have their own set of facts. (I am guessing this is normal) A few weeks ago I started getting a 30 second or more delay before the facts at my office would ring from either of my phones.

Quick-forwards to this weekend. I can not get through to work at all from my cell phone. In fact, for EVERY digit in that area, I get a recording that the digit has been disconnected or is no longer in use.

Since Friday: If I call this area from my home VoIP phone, I usually get tired of hearing the silence. If I wait long enough, sometimes I get a quick beeping (as if I left my phone off the hook too long), one time I really got through! And twice (once when calling the phone company’s digit and once when calling work) the call was forwarded to my cell phone.

This makes absolutely no sense to me! … OK, possibly if the voice over IP company is misconfigured that would have something to do with my calls being forwarded to my cell phone twice. But why on Earth can’t I call that area from my cell phone?

At first I thought the facts I was trying to call were broken. But when I tried from my grandmother’s house, it went through impeccably. Her phone is from the cable company, so it isn’t a regular landline either.
Things got even weirder when I spoke to my own phone company! — I estimate I will email or drive to the phone company in charge of the facts I can’t get through to Monday. (lol, I tried calling them, but since they have a digit local to theirself – I couldn’t get through!)

Answer by Ned_Scott
I would contact that phone company that is responsible for the facts you are having problems connecting to. If you have called your own phone company then what did they say about the issue?

Answer by Jonny D
To answer your question in the most basic way, no your voip phone has no impact on your cell. Although it may bolt from the blue you to know your cell is based on similar technology to voip. It sounds to me like your area is having problems with exchanges that handle digital calls. I would try to get in touch with both your cell and voip phone provider and see if they can help. They can buy more exchange capacity. Your grandma’s cable company doubtless have their own exchanges not affected by whats going on.

Excellent call on getting a voip phone though, I did and will never go back.

What do you reckon? Answer below!
Facebook app to allow phone calls
Facebook users who have been instant messaging, poking, and friending each other are now able to use the social network to communicate via plain ancient voice phone calls — with a service provided by Natick-based company Vivox Inc.
Read more on Boston Globe

Belkin Wi-Fi Phone for Skype – Wireless VoIP phone – IEEE 802.11g (Wi-Fi) – Skype

  • The Belkin Wi-Fi Phone for Skype doesn’t require a PC and will work anywhere in the world everywhere you have secured
  • Any home, office, cafe, or municipal wireless access point that does not require browser
  • To make a call, simply use the intuitive on-screen color menu to locate your contact and view their online availability
  • The Wi-Fi Phone is Skype-certified, which means that it adheres to all Skype’s requirements

The Belkin Wi-Fi Phone for Skype doesn’t require a PC and will work anywhere in the world everywhere you have secured or open access to a WiFi network.Any home, office, cafe, or municipal wireless access point that does not require browser-based authentication will do.Pre-loaded with Skype software and featuring the same Skype interface, the Belkin Wi-Fi Phone is ready to use with any wireless network.To make a call, simply use the intuitive on-screen color menu to locate your contact and view their

Price: $ 139.99

Finding business solutions at a event called the “Consumer Electronics Show” can sometimes be tough. But they are here. One of those solutions is AllWorx’ 6X Voice-over-IP (VoIP) “switch” for small-to-medium businesses. One of the 6X’s coolest features is how, if you don’t answer an incoming call, the call gets pushed out to your cell phone. If you don’t answer your cell phone, the 6X pulls the call back for raise up by its own voice mail system. From Las Vegas, TechWebTV’s David Berlind interviews Allworx CEO George Daddis Jr.
Video Rating: 4 / 5


Không có nhận xét nào:

Đăng nhận xét