Thứ Sáu, 20 tháng 5, 2011

Q&A: Do I need a new cell phone battery after dropping my phone in toilet?

Q&A: Do I need a new cell phone battery after dropping my phone in toilet?

I have a motorola w755 cell phone that i dropped in the toilet. At first It didn’t work at all but now it works but there is no picure. It’s just a blank white screen but I can still make calls out and receive calls but obviously I need the screen to work at. Does this mean I just need a new battery?

Answer by Traffic Planner
Usually when a cell phone gets completely wet, you would need to replace the whole thing.

Answer by Taylor B
if you put it fully submerged in a bag of rice, most of the moisture will be absorbed (i’ve dropped it in a toilet and used it!), but it doesn’t always work. If not you’ll have to replace the entire phone. Its under warrantee for a year or you may have to get a new one all together =/ good luck!

Answer by Timelady
The battery is probably fine, the screen isn’t dried out. Leave it apart for a few days and see what happens.

Answer by hg3300@ymail.com
personally, i wouldn’t want to touch my phone after dropping it in the toilet! but the other people are right, maybe see what happens after waiting a few days, maybe it will dry out and work again.

What do you think? Answer below!

Motorola cellphone battery SNN5749A case
cell phone battery

Image by Uwe Hermann
randomprojects.org/wiki/Motorola_cellphone_battery_SNN5749A

I have a cell phone that is intended to be for emergency use only. If I store it, never turning it on (unless there happens to be an emergency) how long will the battery stay charged? The phone is a Virgin Mobile “Marbl” by Kyrocera. The battery is a standard Kyrocera, lithium ion – 3.7v & 850mAh.

Answer by Johnnny
If you NEVER turn it on. The battery will NEVER decrease

Answer by I_Love_Bill_Kaulitz
well the batery is gonna get worse if you turn on turn off so it will last about a week or so …

Answer by richard
play it safe and assume about a month.

Answer by Lee T
Well it will last for a long time.
I Would estimate, a few months.

But personally wouldnt recommend you leaving the phone for this long off charge, give it a charge say 1 a week, or once every 2 weeks, so if there is an emergency, you know you will have enough batterie life!

I Hope this helps?

Answer by imjames
I was a salesperson for Li-I batteries… so I have a little expertise on the subject.

Lithium Ion theoretically has a “shelf life” of 18 months maximum (before fully discharging itself and needing a recharge if stored), but this all depends on the quality of the materials used in the battery.

Heat will affect the charge life of the cell, as well as cold.

The battery will naturally discharge over time. If it is intended for emergency use, I would never give it more than a month before placing it back on the charger.

There is ‘supposed’ to be no ‘memory’ affect on Li-I, but I have personally seen it happen. To prevent this, you may want to turn the phone on before recharging it and allow it to go ‘dead’ before re-connecting. In this way, you can ensure that the battery will keep the maximum amount of charge possible for it’s lifespan.

Add your own answer in the comments!
Judge rejects plea deal for former Provo High janitor
PROVO — A judge Thursday rejected a plea in abeyance agreement for a former Provo High School janitor accused of voyeurism.
Read more on Provo Daily Herald


Không có nhận xét nào:

Đăng nhận xét