Thứ Năm, 19 tháng 5, 2011

How to save AND pay off debts with low income job?

How to save AND pay off debts with low income job?

I like my job but I don’t make a lot at all.

I have a credit card that is maxed out due to not having a job for a month [it was stupid to use, but I had to live some how] its at a small over 1200

I have a cell phone [so I have a cell phone bill], no house phone, so I cant cut that off, but I do use it a lot. that bill is about 100 a month.

As well as my rent which goes from about 500-550 depending on utilities. And then there is food, but thats not that huge of a deal, I dont eat out hardly ever and during the day I eat at work and the food is free. And then I spend about 20-40 on gas depending on the prices ever 1.5-2 weeks

Heres the business pretty soon I have to take over payments on the car I have. I NEED to get OUT of debt and be on top of things. Because in about 6 months I am plotting on moving to Upstate NY.

What are some excellent tips on reduction money and paying of my card, but still having money for living expenses?
Thank you for the answers so far;

I really dont have cable tv and am using someone else’s wireless internet so thats excellent.

Oh, I also have a cash box that I place all my exchange into [I dont want to use that on debt though, its kind of a hope chest for my huge go]

Do you reckon opening another bank account for debt/bill money would be a excellent Thought? I dont really have an issue with careless spending, its more or less just the fact that I am making JUST enough.

I’ll be using your tips and I hope to get some more!
Also I’m not sure what my payments will be, right now the car is under my moms name and insurance in another state… and the payments will exchange once I get them in my name. but I reckon I am looking at 300 a month for the insurance and note.
Another addition; golly gee, haha..

The phone bill WONT be that high for very long. Its just like that right now [as in the next two months or so]

Answer by Messy Marvin
Cut out just about everything you don’t need to live. If you are moving sell all stuff not needed on E=bay.Less stuff to take .Pay as much as you can on card over minimum

Answer by Cat
Well, most land lines cost about $ 25 for boundless community calls. $ 100 a month for talking on the phone is a LOT. Get rid of it. Spend $ 30 on an answering machine for your home phone, that way you can call public back when you get home.

That would save you $ 75. In six months, that would pay off $ 450 of your credit card.

You also might consider selling things of value that you own for liquid cash to pay down the debt.

Do you pay monthly bills for television viewing? You may maybe try shutting that off, and getting DVD’s from your library (free), and read more books, and watch whatever TV comes over the airwaves.

You have to choose what your priorities are. If it’s not rent, electric, heat, gas or food…then it is probably in the “want” category, rather than the “need”.

Answer by CMass Stan
$ 100/mo for your cell phone? I have no thought what your treatment patterns are, but you need to find a way to cut that down. Any find a better package or reduce your treatment.

You didn’t say what your car payments will be, and you didn’t say if you’re paying auto insurance. Whatever it is, it’s going to place even more stress on your finances.

I’d say you’re hard-pressed to find additional ways to cut down on expenses. You have to consider result an additional job. A job you like which makes small money won’t cut it.

Answer by Marvin: aka “The Man”
First off, if you have a job, you better keep it. Do not go anywhere unless there is a new job that you already have. Credit card debt will eat up any attempt at reduction. The best business is to pay off the card. This will have the same effect as reduction and getting a really high interest rate. If your CC is at 18%, any early payments will be like getting 18% on your savings. And that ain’t happening anywhere. Paying off the debt is the best business you can do.

Answer by Starlight
Unless you make or recieve a lot of calls that would be long distance, consider getting a pay-as-you-go phone and never use it for accessing internet, movies, etc. that eat up a lot of airtime.

Uplug all appliances when not in use. Microwave, coffee pot, space heater, toaster, hair dryer, even bedside lamps, etc. You would be amazed at how much difference this can make in utility costs. Time your errands, etc. so that you do the least amount of driving and all in one trip. Making muliple trips to the corner store can burn more gas than driving ten miles once a week to a huge store where you can shop for the whole week.

Cook casseroles that you can eat off of for a couple of nights and freeze some for later use. Trying to cook for one person can cost more than a family of three if you are cooking meat/veggies/pasta/etc. at each meal. Things like spaghetti, soups and stews keep well in the fridge for several days and freeze well.

If you have a friend that also lives alone or a couple, reckon about going in collectively to shop at warehouse places like Sams then tear the parts.

Keep a log and every receipt for every penny you spend over the next month. Go through everything at the end of the month and see if you are doing any impulse buying or things that you probably don’t even notice you may maybe easily cut back on. This would be things like fountain sodas at a gas station, packs of gum, magazines, etc. You might be surprised at where some of your money is going that may maybe be going savings.

Add your own answer in the comments!

I need to get tested for STDs and the only college in my town is a small, private, catholic one, so i know the health center there doesnt do free testing. I reckon my only additional option is Plotted Parenthood, but I have a job so i know i will be charged at least a small, but my job is 8 dollars (minimum wage is 7.25) an hour and i usually get less than 10 hours a week…that money goes to my parents for car insurance and cell phone bill and i only keep about 20 dollars for spending money each week for food and such.

So, will i be able to afford STD tests there? Im a 17 year ancient student, btw.

Answer by Tammy B
They are really fantastic to work with. They will go based on your income and the fact you are working part time and going to school, you may not have to pay anything. You can always walk in and talk to them first before you schedule an appointment. It won’t cost near as much if you had to pay for the full amount, if they charge you anything at all.

Answer by IceSCREAM
I haven’t really gone, but calling in shouldn’t be a conundrum, just question them! They do charge based on your income level, so it should be ok for you..

Answer by Mike
You can easily check your minimal health care tariff in internet, for example here – healthquotes.awardspace.info

What do you reckon? Answer below!
Community Calendar – 5/18
"Working the Shaker Acre," 2011 exhibit at the Alfred Shaker Museum, 118 Shaker Hill Road, Alfred, features agricultural pursuits of the Alfred Shakers during the mid-1800s, including dairying, making butter, bee keeping, harvesting seeds, tending apple orchards and more.
Read more on Waterboro Reporter

A large crowd outside of Central Park, a drive-thru on Court Street, caught the attention of three Kankakee City Police officers Wednesday, May 18. The reason for the crowd said Lowell Pride, an “independent contractor,” was because the company he was working with, YourTel, was handing out free phones. Pride said the company uses centralized funding to provide low-income residents with free phones for emergency calls.
Record Rating: 0 / 5


Không có nhận xét nào:

Đăng nhận xét