Thứ Tư, 8 tháng 6, 2011

Does my mobile phone communicate with the base-station tower every now and then?

Does my mobile phone communicate with the base-station tower every now and then?

Sometimes when i place the mobile phone close to the TV, the TV seems to detect some signal from the mobile phone. What is happening?

Is the mobile phone sending some packets to the basestation or the additional way around? What are these packets and why is this communication vital?

Answer by !amtheKing
A cell phone is in constant communication with the nearest cell antennae for the basic reason that, as a telecommunication device, it is a “real-time” communicator. That earnings that it must be ready at all times to both make and receive calls in any instant. In order for that to occur the phone sends a “keep-alive” data packet at fixed intervals in a similar manner that a computer constantly communicates with a switch. If a call is directed to a specific cell phone, the providers routers need to know exactly which path to take in order for that call to be routed through the cell network to the tower and finally on to the assess phone. This is required so that the cell system does not have to broadcast the signal throughout the network looking for the phone. This would place too much load on an already busy network.

The “keep-alive” packets are very small but must be sent regularly so that the system knows exactly where the phone is at any agreed moment. As you go from antennae to antennae the signal moves with you too. It is the “keep-alive” that allows this to work effectively.

Finally, there should not be any interference from your phone through your TV. I suppose it’s possible but I reckon unlikely. Try moving the phone to a different place to prevent this.

Know better? Place your own answer in the comments!

mobile phones
mobile phone

Image by phossil
I particularly dont like flip cellphone, but this one looks very elegant. Only one negative effect for my needs, I cant browse Internet pages on it, sadly.

The first article for this picture lives at www.animoe.net/2010/08/mobile-phones.html

I have a boost mobile account and my phone. Today I just bought a different boost mobile phone and the sales person said I may maybe switch phones on my account so that I may maybe keep my number. But I can’t find anything and I don’t know how to do it. Id like to do it online instead of calling anyone. But please help I waited til the last small and my payment is due tomorrow for my existing phone!

Answer by Dëâñ «-
I don’t reckon there is a way to do it online. You have to go to the store and tell them to activate the new phone and that you want to have the same number. Also question them if they can transfer anything or a much as they can. They can do it with At&t

What do you reckon? Answer below!
Tabloid offers abject apology for hacking actor’s mobile phone
LONDON: The News of the World has formally apologised to the actor Sienna Miller for systematically – and illegally – intercepting her mobile-phone messages in the mid-2000s and using the information to publish articles about her private life.
Read more on Sydney Morning Herald


Không có nhận xét nào:

Đăng nhận xét